Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog’s Day

I hear that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning, leaving us with six more weeks of winter. I won’t be surprised if it turns out to be true; we have loads of snow and ice everywhere, and haven’t seen the ground in months.

Still, I think groundhogs are adorable. One used to live on our neighbor’s property, and he really was cute. Our neighbor says his wife could even get him to come running for a treat when she called out “Chucky” (the name they gave him).

I LOVE this craft from Lucky Me! This little groundhog is all made out of hearts, and very easy to make out of construction paper, googly eyes and glue.

Groundhog.org (the official site of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club) has coloring pages and activities for Groundhog’s Day.

Newest posts from my new blog