I used the pink fleece dress I made as a pattern, adding length to the skirt, omitting the panels, adding ties to the back, and widening the sleeves at the ends (for a dramatic flair).
Here are the pieces laid out on the table (ignore the pile of scraps by Emma's hands). There are two of each piece, for a total of six pattern pieces.
- Sew edges and one end of ties and turn right side out
- Sew shoulders together
- Hem neckline (I used a decorative zig-zag stitch)
- Gather sleeves
- Attach sleeves
- Baste in ties (or pin them in very carefully)
- Sew edges - from end of sleeve to end of hem on each side.
- Finish hems on arms and bottom of dress (I used the same decorative zig-zag stitch that I used on the neckline)