Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful Hands

I originally intended to string these up as a garland (see previous post), but always-opinionated Emma disapproved. I think her idea of putting them up on the window is pretty cool.

I cut out six tracings of Emma's hand and six of Johnny's hand. Then Emma told me what to write on each hand. I was having a hard time explaining the terms thankful and grateful to her, so we settled on things she and Johnny like. Things Johnny liked went on Johnny's hands; those Emma liked went on her hands.

Here's what Emma came up with:

Johnny's handprints:
  • Emma
  • Dada
  • Mama
  • Milk
  • Baby food
  • Cuddles

Emma's handprints:

  • Johnny
  • Dada
  • Mama
  • Trees and the leaves that fall down
  • Emma's food
  • Mama's ring

Newest posts from my new blog