Monday, December 8, 2008

Scrumptious Chocolate Cake

Johnny turned one year old today! We celebrated yesterday, since Mike is gone for the week at a conference. Johnny continued the tradition Emma established of my children not refusing to eat their first birthday cake, but everyone else really enjoyed it.

I made the cakes using the Buttermilk Chocolate Cake recipe found in this cookbook. I split the batter between two round cake pans, added strawberry puree in the middle...and topped with cream whipped with a little vanilla, sugar, and cocoa. I sprinkled some cocoa on top also (not as evenly as I would have liked...)
It was an easy way to make a very yummy cake - and since the recipe I used doesn't call for eggs I could let my daughter lick the bowl without worrying about salmonella.

Looking for an egg-free recipe for chocolate cake but don't want to buy another cookbook? Try this.

Newest posts from my new blog