Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Some favorite children's books

I'm always looking for ways to occupy my kids on bleak winter days. Books are one of my best resources, so I thought I'd highlight a few recent finds:

Everywhere the Cow Says "Moo!"
This story talks about how different animals make different sounds in different languages, but how the cow always says "Moo!" It holds true for every language I know, and my kids enjoy the illustrations and love mooing along for the cow pages. My son even started mooing along at 11 months!

Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten
I love all the details in each picture, all of the different animals, and the fact that there is a class member with a name starting with each letter of the alphabet. This is one of a series of "Miss Bindergarten" books.

A is for Artist
My daughter loves the alphabet and we check out alphabet books every week at the library, but this is my favorite so far. It's one of the most visually diverse books I've seen, and my kids fight over it every morning.

The Night is Singing
This book turns all of the potentially scary night noises into lullabies, and I love the expressive faces.

Newest posts from my new blog