Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blank Book and Another Monkey

I got some small stickers and sticker books as favors for Emma’s birthday party. The sticker books are just small sheets of waxy paper stapled together with a cute cover. I never would have considered them toys in their own right, but Emma has had a blast with Johnny’s sticker book. She spends hours “reading” it, pointing out illustrations and telling story after story. It just goes to show that you can never get too simple with toys.

Here is Emma, showing off her magical book:20090224_0184

And reading the book to her (newly finished this morning) amigurumi monkey. This monkey is much smaller than the other one, and so took less time to make. I also think it’s cuter – but I find that I always consider smaller cuter.

20090224_0181

Here are both kids playing with their monkeys. I’m so glad I discovered this book of amigurumi patterns – these toys are cute, cuddly, and easy to make.

20090224_0174

Newest posts from my new blog