Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cinderella: Kids and Cleaning

Emma’s on a “kind of like…” kick – she’ll comment that a rectangle is “kind of like” a square, or that pink is “kind of like” red. She was watching me clean the house this morning and commented, “Mama, you kind of like Cinderella.” I asked why, and she said: “You always cleaning.”

I wish I could be the Disney version of Cinderella, with cute little mice and birds to help.

I suppose my kids are sort of like little mice and birds. Emma is even starting to be helpful. She gets out her own silverware at mealtime, and carries her dishes to the kitchen counter. She also folds the cloth wipes that go with our cloth diapers. She used to fold them randomly, but now she can fold them perfectly in half. And she is often good about helping to pick up toys.

Emma also “helps” wash dishes and cook dinner. In these two situations, her help is more of a hindrance than an aid, but I figure it is laying a foundation for her truly help as her coordination improves. It’s great fine and gross motor skill practice too :)

How do your toddlers help (or “help”) around the house?

Newest posts from my new blog