Friday, March 27, 2009

Penguin puppets!

20090325_0250

These puppets are based off of this free pattern. I printed the pattern half-size so that it would fit tiny toddler hands, and then made a few minor changes (I shortened the white part and made the main body a bit thinner). They were super easy to put together – I hand-stitched the eyes and beak, and then used my sewing machine to finish the rest super quickly.  You could even glue on the eyes, nose, and white body – but only if your children don’t try to pull any glued objects apart the way mine do.

20090325_0249 20090325_0248

I’m not sure if it’s because of my changes or because I used pink and blue felt instead of black (Emma’s request), but these wound up looking like a cross between penguins and snowmen to me…what do you think?

20090325_0247

Thankfully, their lack of authenticity doesn’t make my children love them any less.

Newest posts from my new blog