Thursday, May 28, 2009

ABC & 123 Picnic Intro

picnic button

Welcome to my blog! I’ve been following ABC & 123 from the beginning, and I’m looking forward to visiting the other blogs that contribute to this amazing cooperative blog run by Katie and Katie!

I’m a SAHM to Emma (3) and Johnny (17 months), with a baby girl on the way. Before becoming a mom, I taught high school (French and Spanish) and then went back to school for a PhD in Medicine. Emma was born as I was finishing my PhD, and I enjoyed taking care of her so much that I decided to stay home with her after I graduated. Thankfully my husband Mike was able to find a good enough job that this was possible for us! A lot of things I learned in grad school are actually very helpful to life as a mom – I know how to research things I don’t know, and writing a dissertation requires patience and dedication (just like motherhood!)

My blog title is inspired by things I love: being thrifty, crafts, and – best of all – being a mom. I love making things with and for my kids, and that is what this blog is mostly about. Here are a couple of my favorite educational posts from my blog:

As for picnics, we try to eat outside as much as possible during the spring/summer, and our favorite picnic foods are watermelon and corn on the cob (I spent the first not-quite-seven years of my life living on a corn farm, so corn is near and dear to my heart!) Since we have a baby due this summer, we’ll be staying near to home, but we’re lucky enough to have several family members visiting us!

Thanks for visiting my blog, please leave a comment so I can be sure to visit yours! If you have an idea of something you’d like to see on this blog, I’d love to hear it!

Newest posts from my new blog