Thursday, May 21, 2009

Books my children fight over

Dr Seuss ABC Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! has long been a favorite at our house. Neither child seems interested in the text (Emma makes up her own alternate storyline), but both enjoy the pictures.

First Picture Trucks First Picture Trucks by Usborne Books is a book I picked up from the library after seeing it reviewed at Chronicle of an Infant Bibliophile. It’s probably Johnny’s favorite book ever, and Emma likes it enough that she will accept it as a compromise when she can’t get any of the other three books on this list. I like the pictures and the quality of the paper the book is made from.

My Little Word Book

My Little Word Book by Roger Priddy has been fought over many times. Both kids like looking at and discussing the pictures. It’s a great “I spy” book for children too young to spy an object out of a mix of objects. This book also has nice, thick board book pages.

Once Upon A TimeDisney's Once Upon a Time with  Mary-Kate & Ashley is a library book that Emma checks for every time she’s at the library, and that we have to return surreptitiously if we don’t want a scene. She has borrowed it at least three different times so far. It’s your classic Disney story collection, with “clip art” (Mike’s term) of Mary-Kate and Ashley inserted with occasional quips from the girls. Not my favorite book in the world, but I do give it credit for being the first multi-sentence book that Emma would sit through, and it puts her to sleep nicely at bedtime. Emma is convinced that the photos of Mary-Kate and Ashley are actually pictures of herself… Johnny loves this book too – he likes the Disney pictures and the fact that Emma squeals whenever he starts to read it.

Newest posts from my new blog