Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another maternity skirt

20090619_1032

I made this skirt using the same techniques from this tutorial that I used to make my other maternity skirt, although I added a bit more of a curve to the front of the skirt and made it slightly more fitted.

I sewed this skirt entirely on my serger. It was nice to only get out one machine instead of two, particularly since half the challenge of sewing at my house is keeping Johnny from trying to use the sewing machines.

20090615_0970

While I have written about my love of my serger before, I don’t think I’ve mentioned a favorite feature: its ability to quickly sew a blind hem. Here’s a photo to illustrate (done using stitching to keep the hem from looking blind…) I’ve never enjoyed hemming, so this is a wonderful feature to have on my new machine!

Newest posts from my new blog