Friday, August 21, 2009

Another play mat

MATERIALS:

  • Large sheet of paper
  • Desktop protector
  • Markers or crayons

We hadn’t made a play mat in a while, so it was the perfect activity for our first day home without relatives to help entertain yesterday. Johnny got this car/boat/plane set from a friend as a big brother gift, so we made a town to go with it. I accidentally cut the paper a little bigger than the mat. We’ll either cut it down for future play or let this one wear out and make the next one fit.

20090820_0717

The kids pulled out the peg dolls Emma decorated to use as townspeople.

20090820_0725

I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly the day went caring for three children on my own. The kids are maybe starting to feel better, and I think that helped. They both ate properly for the first time since Lily was born, and that went a long way towards the day going well.

See other play mats we’ve made here.

Newest posts from my new blog