Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Learning to Write

20090824_0811I don’t send Emma to preschool, but I’m hesitant to say I homeschool her, because I don’t have defined learning objectives or a curriculum I use. Emma loves to play school, though, and she often requests specific things she wants to do for school. She’s been interested in writing lately, so yesterday I found these fun handwriting readiness worksheets via this blog post. Emma LOVED doing these worksheets, and she was not stressed about her inability to draw perfectly straight lines the way she has been when doing alphabet-based worksheets. She also wrote her name for the first time yesterday and was so pleased with herself that she wrote it again about twenty times – with varying numbers of horizontal lines for the “E” each time!

20090824_0813

Newest posts from my new blog